After the DS price hike, I can only go for the modeloc now

The era of top-ups in increments of five on ds is over; now you can only top up in increments of two on modeloc :ac01:



Everything else is fine, but the requests are too slow and there are too few models.

ds+zcode was actually pretty impressive to use. I made two animations with remotion, and for a pure text model, the results weren’t bad. But there were a lot of visual overlaps and ugly bits that had to be pointed out by hand, and it could only generate fairly simple vector graphic animations. Anything more complex would break down completely, and it can’t crawl web assets on its own—I had to fetch them myself (even if it could crawl, it wouldn’t understand them). Hooked up skill to mimo2.5 as its “eyes,” but the results weren’t great either.
【Science Animation】Timestamps and the 2038 Problem That Even a Paramecium Could Understand
Not sure if it’s worth switching to a multimodal model. Multimodality, coding ability, and cost have practically become an impossible triangle now :ac02:

2 Likes

llmhost.net offers unlimited, high-speed, and free access to deepseek-v4-flash—just register to use. It’s already available for free on modeloc.

2 Likes

Especially when it comes to plans and subscriptions, if you use them a lot it’s not enough, but if you don’t, it’s a waste of money :ac01:

I’ll optimize MODELOC and similar projects when things slow down; also, I’m discussing GPU sharing with some organizations, and I might deploy open-source models like KIMI, GLM, and DeekSeek myself for sharing.

4 Likes

What version deepseek-v4-flash on llmhost.net? 0731?

Yes

The quality of the tokens shared for modeloc is really poor now—some of them even swallow tool calls.

Someone secretly changed the upstream after the first test was completed.

It’s best to deal with people like this—for example, by conducting regular tests.

Just like Lao Huang