Developed a SIM card management app with ChatGPT, suitable for digital nomads

Because I have many SIM cards—data cards, verification‑code holding cards, overseas eSIMs, etc.—it’s cumbersome to remember them, so I used ChatGPT to develop a mobile number management software for recording and managing SIM card information.

GitHub address: GitHub - zhaoruoxicat/PhoneManager: 用于记录和管理多个手机号码、卡类型、套餐、货币、余额、设备分配等信息

Project Overview
Phone Manager is a self‑hosted web application built with PHP + MySQL, used to record and manage multiple phone numbers, card types, plans, currencies, balances, device allocations, and other information.
It targets users who have multiple phone numbers or cross‑country plans (such as digital nomads, corporate device managers), helping you clearly view the usage and cost status of all numbers in a single interface.

Suitable Scenarios:
Holding phone numbers from multiple countries/regions, managing different card types (physical card / eSIM / virtual number), tracking monthly fees, balances, expiration dates, and recording the device and purpose of each SIM.

Features

  • Number information management: record number, carrier, area code, plan type, monthly fee, balance, expiration date, etc.
  • Multi‑currency support: currency table can be customized, suitable for multiple countries/regions.
  • Plan type management: customizable types such as prepaid, postpaid, contract cards, etc.
  • SIM type management: physical card / eSIM / virtual number can all be defined.
  • Device allocation records: associate each card with its current device.

Installation instructions are detailed in the GitHub description.

8 Likes

Pretty good, pretty good

Thank you for sharing


One extra question: where is most convenient for Chinese digital nomads now~

Support it!

Good project, bookmark it first, in case it really comes in handy!

Feels very useful

Thanks for sharing,
I don’t have that many cards, but I’ve saved it; maybe it’ll be useful later.

This is good, come take a look

Thanks for sharing

This is pretty good, very practical.

Awesome, is there an apk?

可以用ChatGPT写个兼容PWA或者写个web套壳apk

Thank you for sharing

I feel that if it’s a PWA, it’s better to use PHP as the backend and write the frontend with a modern front‑end framework; PHP itself isn’t directly used for adapting to a PWA :ac24:

Or actually you could rewrite it using Next.js or React, Vue directly into a small pure front‑end app that can be used offline; essentially the backend requirements are minimal and localStorage can replace MySQL.

Thank you for sharing

Practical and useful!

Good project, bookmark it first, in case it actually comes in handy!

Because I need to view it synchronously across multiple computers and phones, I prioritize server‑side databases that make synchronization easy during development, so I used MySQL.